To quickly add natural beauty to a room, simply add a few fresh flower faces to your favorite vases in special places.
Enjoy impressing friends and family with your flower-savvy talents and celebrate life with flowers!
Follow these easy steps when arranging flowers for those special places in your home:
Choose five eye-catching spaces –
What are the special places in your home that guests see when visiting?
Don’t forget the guest powder room!
Collect five perfect vases –
Select one for each chosen space
- Reflect the style of the room
- Choose vase color that will accent room color rather than just blend in.
- Consider changing vases seasonally.
Keep vases clean and easily accessible for quick, spur of the moment designs!
Decide on your favorite flowers for each special place –
- What is your floral signature?
- What colors and shapes do you love?
- Do you prefer formal or informal styles?
Surround yourself with things you love.
Make a list of several flower choices for each season –
- Choose flowers based on local availability in that season.
- What are your resources for flowers?
- What matters to you – visual impact or flower longevity?
Create a floral toolbox and keep it handy for designing quick arrangements.
Questions? ‘Ask an Expert’ at sharonmcgukin.com.
Floral Educator, Sharon McGukin (Mc-Goo-kin) AIFD, AAF, PFCI, is nationally known for her captivating style of Floral ‘Edutainment’ – educational tips with entertaining insights.