Love Tulips? Enjoy them at home – you can create your own centerpiece with these easy steps.
- Select a vase. We used a bubble bowl in this example.
- Add stones along the inside perimeter of the vase, leaving a space for the tulip stems in the center.
- Add water. Use just a couple inches of water. Bulb plant stems can disintegrate quickly in water and create bacteria that is destructive to the flower. Tulips are thirsty – give them fresh water daily.
- Add flower food to the water and mist with Finishing Touch to enjoy longer lasting flowers.
- Add stones to vase for support and textural emphasis.
- Blunt cut the tulip stems with a clean, sharp knife or cutters.
- Drop them into the vase and let them fall naturally into place. Tulips can grow 1 – 1.5 inches overnight so allow for extra length in your arrangement as it grows. This simple design will be an evolving composition as tulips are phototropic and will curve toward light as they unfold to reveal their colorful inner petals.
- Add dramatic line to this round bouquet wind a few branch tips through the arrangement.
This same design can be made using many different flowers – roses, alstromeria, daffodils, and peonies are examples of the long list of flowers that can be used.
If you don’t have flowers growing in your garden – visit your local florist or grocery market to purchase the flowers you need. Celebrate today – give yourself or a friend this simple gift of affordable luxury.